How to upgrade to business class on Lufthansa
Germany’s flagship airline, Lufthansa flies to more than 200 destinations in 78 countries. Their new generation fleet includes the A350-900, which uses 25% less fuel and has a 50% reduction in take-off and landing noise emissions compared to previous Lufthansa aircraft. So flying with Lufthansa is better for the planet too!
How To Find Deals on Lufthansa Business Class Flights
Business Class Experts can find you exclusively low price deals on Lufthansa Business Class Flight fares. They work with the airline to access low prices which can’t be found anywhere else, with discounts of up to 70% off!
Benefits of Lufthansa Business Class
Lufthansa goes all out to win business class repeat travelers.Their seats and service add up to one of the best business class products in the world.
Lufthansa’s check in process is faster and easier with a business class ticket. You can check in online up to 23 hours before departure, and choose your preferred seat while doing so.
Lufthansa’s business class baggage allowance is a generous 23 kg.
Dimensions for carry-on baggage: max. 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
Carry on baggage:
You’re allowed two items of carry-on baggage with a max. capacity of 8kg each.
- a trolley case
- a compact, foldable baby buggy
- a foldable garment bag
Dimensions for foldable garment bags: max. 57 x 54 x 15 cm.
Your Lufthansa business class ticket allows you access to Lufthansa Business Lounges worldwide. If you’re flying through Frankfurt, access to the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge will make waiting for your journey a true pleasure!
The Lufthansa lounges are zoned for your ultimate comfort:
- Reception – Where you’ll find staff ready to help you with any travel queries you might have.
- Working zone – Where you’ll find an office set up with privacy stalls, power sockets and ample charging stations for all your devices. There are even printers available for any last minute paper copies you might need to make before you fly.
- Showers – Where you’ll find fresh towels, toiletries and hairdryers
- Comfort zone – Where you’ll find seating areas to suit your needs. Whether you’re simply after a comfortable place to read the daily newspapers and magazines supplied or you’re after a meal. You can choose between the bistro area for a quick, bar-style snack, or a restaurant style table and chairs for a proper sit-down meal. There’s a fully catered buffet available at all times and you can take your plate into the bar if you prefer.
Lufthansa lounges have free Wi-Fi and exclusive views of the terminals so you can watch arriving/departing jets while you wait. For airports with no Lufthansa lounge, your business class or better ticket means welcome – and VIP treatment – at all Star Alliance lounges.
With priority boarding you’ll be among the first to board your aircraft, so you can get to your seat and get comfortable sooner. Business class cabins have dedicated flight attendants available to tend to your every need.
Business Class Seats
Your seat is fully adjustable for your own personal comfort and has three preset positions;
Each seat is 20 inches wide and comes with around 64 inches of legroom when in the upright seated position. Every seat has access to dedicated storage space.
You’ve got a 15” personal touch screen entertainment system with access to all the expected entertainment options and you’ll have the use of complementary Bose headphones. It’s easy to stay entertained on those long-haul flights.
Lufthansa business class amenity kits include
- Eye mask
- Dental hygiene kit
- Korres lotion
- Korres lip balm
Food and beverages
Lufthansa’s business class restaurant service focuses on high quality, fresh, seasonal menus. All meals are served on fine china with silverware and stylish glassware alongside an award winning wine selection. A wide selection of both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are also available, all included in the ticket price.
How to Find Out If Upgrade Space is Available
You can upgrade your fare class online up to 6 weeks in advance – until 4 hours before your flight – or you can ask at the airport on the day.
Steps To Upgrade To Lufthansa Business Class Online
- Open the Lufthansa site and look for the Miles & More header.
- Log in with your Miles and More login data, ie, your frequent flier card number and pin.
- In the first box, enter the sponsor. The sponsor is the person named on the card. You then have the option to request upgrades for up to three travelling companions.
- On the next page you’ll be asked for your flight number, departure airport, destination airport and your ticket number. If you have a paper ticket, your ticket number will be printed at the top of the left-hand side. Otherwise you’ll find it in your purchase confirmation email. If you’re requesting upgrades for a group, you’ll need to enter the data for each group member. Once you’ve entered all these details, click “GO”.
- Choose your payment method. You can use your frequent flier air miles or you can select eVouchers. To upgrade a flight between the USA and Europe typically costs around 30,000 air miles.
- The following page allows you to review your information and make any changes necessary. At this point the Lufthansa system will notify you whether or not the upgrade is available.
- You’ll need to agree to the Terms and Conditions of your upgrade, then finalize the purchase by clicking “Perform Upgrade”.
- Check your email for the upgrade confirmation and new ticket. A new ticket issue isn’t always necessary so don’t worry if you don’t get another one with the new confirmation email.
Steps To Upgrade To Lufthansa Business Class At The Airport
- Head to the Lufthansa service desk
- Have your paper ticket or electronic confirmation number ready, along with your frequent flier card.
- Tell the service desk representative that you’d like a business class upgrade, and present them with your ticket and frequent flier card.
- If there are upgrade options immediately available you may be issued with a new ticket right away.
- Otherwise you’ll be put on a standby upgrade list.
- At the departure gate, approach the Lufthansa representative and inform them that you’re on the standby upgrade list.
- Once the existing business class passengers have boarded, you’ll be advised whether or not there are last minute upgrade seats available.
The terms and conditions of your original fare, i.e. the rules for rebooking, refunds and baggage, still stand. The baggage allowance of the originally booked fare still applies. This is found printed on your passenger receipt. If services with an additional charge were booked for the original ticket and those services are included as standard in the new travel class, no refund is possible.
Upgrade costs depend on the route, the flight duration, as well as the dates of travel.
How To Upgrade To Business Class For Free on Lufthansa
The best way to find low cost flights or upgrades is to call Business Class Experts. They work directly with the airlines so they can offer exclusively low price flight deals which can’t be found online or anywhere else.
With your Miles and More Membership, every Lufthansa flight you take will earn status miles. Once you reach frequent flyer status you can “spend” your miles on awards or upgrades for yourself and your travelling companions. A free upgrade using miles or points for a flight between the United States and Europe generally costs around 30,000 frequent flier miles. For a round trip, don’t forget to upgrade your flight ticket for the return trip as well.
You could also try asking. Frequent fliers and loyalty program members in particular have a higher chance of being upgraded for free, if there is a free upgrade to be had.
Being polite and friendly with staff is important anyway, and it never hurts to add a little charm when dealing with airline staff.
If you’re hoping for an upgrade you’ll need to be willing to pay for the upgrade, even if you’re hoping for a hefty discount or a rare freebie. Be relaxed and on time (or early) and also be flexible. Be willing to wait for later flights if your flight is overbooked or delayed. Let the airline staff know that you’re willing to take a later flight if they are overbooked, especially if the trade-off is a free upgrade. The extra legroom may be more than worth the wait!
Alternatively, you can make an offer of what you would like to pay for your upgrade. Official acceptance or denial of these offers are only made in the couple of days before travel, so it’s a last-minute gamble.
While some airlines accept only a one-level upgrade, for example, economy class to premium economy, or premium economy to business class, Lufthansa Airlines does allow passengers to switch from economy seats to business class seats.
Travelling amid Corona
All Lufthansa passengers and staff must wear a mask covering the nose and mouth to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The only exceptions are children under the age of six and persons who are not able to wear a mask for medical reasons.
Business Class Flights Scams To Avoid
Remember – if it seems too good to be true, it likely is. Don’t get taken in by fares which are strangely low. Mileage brokers will offer these crazy low low prices based on unused miles purchased from businesses. This practice is strictly against airline terms of service and in some cases against the law. Penalties include losing your upgrade, your ticket, your member perks, and any miles you’ve legally accumulated.
If you want legitimate low price airfare your best bet is to call Business Class Experts and let them help you with your travel requirements.