Everything To Know About Cheap Flights to Europe
A trip to Europe can be the experience of a lifetime. No matter what destination you choose, you’ll find art masterpieces, magnificent architecture, and rich, vibrant cultures. Soak in centuries of history, visit ancient churches and castles, and see the most famous statues in the history of the world.
However, flying to Europe in economy class can be a long and tedious process. You wait in interminable lines, pay exorbitant fees for your baggage, try to find a plastic seat in an overcrowded waiting room, or worse—crouch next to a column with an outlet to recharge your phone or plug in your laptop.
Then you’re herded onto the plane with hundreds of other passengers and crammed into a 19-inch wide seat, rubbing shoulders with the people on either side who will be your companions for the next nine to twelve hours. It’s a miserable way to start a dream vacation. By the time you land, you’re exhausted, hungry, and in desperate need of a shower…and your phone is dead again. That is no way to start a dream vacation!
Upgrading to the business class cabin may be the best decision on your next trip to Europe. You’ll get VIP treatment that often includes luxurious lounges, priority boarding, and wider, more comfortable lie-flat seats with legroom you can stretch out in.
Today’s business class has come a long way. It’s far more affordable than first class in most cases. While it’s more expensive than economy, it’s also a whole different world of luxury.
Why Fly to Europe in Business Class
There’s no doubt that business class is a better way to fly. From departure to arrival, there are dozens of advantages.
In this section, we’ll consider some of these, keeping in mind that business class seats don’t have to cost an outlandish amount. At times, the price difference isn’t even all that drastic, especially if you know how to get a good deal on upgraded seats. So, keep that in mind as we share why spending a little extra money on your dream trip is a good idea.
- Expedited Check-In: With a business class ticket in hand, the check-in process is faster and easier.
- Premium Lounges: Wait for your flight in a plush chair, have a light meal from a well-stocked buffet, or enjoy a drink from a full bar. If you need to get some work in, enjoy a fully-appointed workstation. Some lounges even offer full dining, showers, spa services, or cigar bars.
- Priority Boarding: Business class passengers enjoy priority boarding, so your wait time will be shorter.
- Business Class Cabin: Many new business class airlines have a dedicated premium cabin. With fewer seats, the flight attendants can offer more attentive service, and you’re more likely to have direct aisle access.
- Lie-Flat Seats: Business class seats that convert to flatbeds are heavenly on a long-haul flight. Recline, relax, slip on your high-quality headphones, and spend hours viewing endless entertainment choices.
- More Space to Work: Fire up your laptop and take advantage of the Wi-Fi, USB ports, and power plugs built into your private area. The partition separating you from passengers around you gives you privacy, and the spacing and size of the seat ensure that you won’t be bumping up against your neighbor or reclining right into the lap of the person behind you.
- Menu and Drinks: Airplane food isn’t well-known for its great taste, but in business class, you may have the best meal of your trip. Start with a salad, enjoy a selection of cheeses or a soup, and move on to an elegant regional meal served on fine china. You may even pick your beverage from a fine wine list, have a cocktail or an aged brandy, or drink gourmet coffee in an actual cup.
- Amenities: Your complimentary amenity kit will help you maximize your comfort and arrive refreshed with a selection of toiletries and a sleep mask to help ensure a relaxing rest.
- Free Cancellations: Unexpected illnesses or even last-minute changes to your schedule can cause you to miss your flight. Free cancellations make these shifts a lot less stressful and easier to reschedule!
The business class experience varies according to the airline you choose, so you may be delighted with even more benefits on your flight!
Prepare for Your Trip: Average Flight Times
If it’s your first time flying across the Atlantic, you’re likely wondering what to expect! The bigger the city, the more likely you’ll find a direct flight that flies there. Some airlines also have shorter flights to certain destinations because they operate hubs from them, thus increasing the number of direct flights in and out.
For example, British Airways is headquartered at London Heathrow (LHR) but is also a major airline at nearby London Gatwick, making it a top choice for flights in and around the United Kingdom! They also partner with American Airlines, increasing their direct flight offerings from the USA and making it possible for you to reach your destination faster.
|Average Flight Time
|JFK – New York
|8 hours 30 minutes
|SFO – San Francisco
|13 hours 10 minutes
|LAX – Los Angeles
|10 hours 40 minutes
|ORD – Chicago
|18 hours 25 minutes
|ATL – Atlanta
|8 hours 0 minutes
|IAH – Houston
|9 hours 10 minutes
|IAD – Washington DC
|15 hours 5 minutes
|BOS – Boston
|6 hours 55 minutes
Remember, direct flights from the West Coast to Europe are rare. Most include at least one stop, and nonstop European flights are more expensive when available. If you want to get the best deal, you may want to look for flights with long layovers that allow you to explore another city while you wait. Or, look for airports with business class lounges that boast sleeping pods and showers.
Best Airlines to Fly Business Class
Most airlines have a business class fare that takes the experience on your international flight up a notch. However, not all airlines are affordable, and some don’t fly internationally. To help you narrow it down, we’ve compiled a list below!
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Delta Airlines
- Swiss Air
- Air Canada
- United Airlines
- Air France
- Virgin Atlantic
These airlines offer some of the best deals out there, and what’s more, they provide excellent business class service. Be sure to click the links for each airline to learn more about what they offer!
Top Business-Class European Destinations
There are endless destinations in Europe, but when it comes to getting a good deal, sometimes it’s best to stick to the major cities. These tend to be hubs with a large amount of flights coming in and out daily. As a result, it’s easier to find a great deal in business class, especially during low seasons.
- London, England Business Class Flight Deals
- Paris, France Business Class Flight Deals
- Barcelona, Spain Business Class Flight Deals
- Madrid, Spain Business Class Flight Deals
- Zurich, Switzerland Business Class Flight Deals
- Rome, Italy Business Class Flight Deals
- Milan, Italy Business Class Flight Deals
- Nice, France Business Class Flight Deals
You can stick around these cities or use them as starting points to explore other cities. However, their importance as international airport hubs makes them the perfect place to start and end your trip. For the best prices, book flights to other European countries on local airlines, take the train, or bundle your airfare with a car rental.
Sometimes, major European cities aren’t as far as you would imagine, despite being in different countries. For example, Brussels, Belgium, is only 4.5 hours from Frankfurt, Germany!
These options can help you stretch your budget further without sacrificing comfort.
How to Score Cheap Flights to Europe
Flying business class sounds like a great idea! So, how do you get a fare within your budget? These tips can help you do just that, so follow them carefully and get the deal of a lifetime.
Tip #1: Use Flight Tracking Tools – Search engines like Google Flights and even individual airlines allow you to set up price alerts. When the fare you want falls within your desired price range, you’ll get an email or notification allowing you to book.
Tip #2: Plan your Vacation at the Right Time – Like any event, prices increase during the most popular times. Avoid holidays and summers when children are out of school, and consider flying at the least popular time of day. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are usually the cheapest days for air travel.
Tip #3: Join the Crowd – Membership in your preferred airline can carry a lot of extra perks. These can include upgraded lounge access, free bags, and extra mileage. Most airlines belong to an alliance, giving members access to luxury lounges in many locations. Star Alliance includes:
- ANA Japan
- United Airways
- Air Canada
- Singapore Airlines
- Swiss International Airlines
These airlines are just the tip of the iceberg—this alliance includes 75 more! When you sign up for a participating membership or have the proper class ticket, you are welcome at most Star Lounges. American Airlines, British Airways, and Cathay Pacific are part of OneWorld Alliance.
Tip #4: Pick an Airline Based on the Country You’re Flying to – If you’re going to London, you can sometimes get cheaper business class fares on British Airways than on American Airlines, even though they are partners. Less well-known airlines, like Aer Lingus (based out of Dublin, Ireland) and Iberia (from Madrid, Spain), often offer better rates than the major airlines.
Tip #5: Look for Special Fare Rules – You may be able to score discounts by choosing promo fares, flying with a friend, catching a sale, or vacationing for a specific number of days.
Tip #6: Be Flexible – If you’re brave enough to chance it or flexible enough to go anytime, you may even score a last-minute airfare deal.
Tip #7: Consider a One-Way Flight – While booking roundtrip is almost always your best bet, another tactic that occasionally yields cheaper results is to book one way or break up your trip with shorter legs.
Tip #8: Work With Business Class Experts – Our travel experts work hard to find the best business class flight deals. We can make recommendations based on your needs and circumstances to help save you money. If you want something done right, let a pro handle it!
Tip #9: Consider Paying in Euros – While it’s not always an option for everyone, you may get a better price if you pay in Euros. Switch your currency before paying for your airfare to compare the price difference. Often, airlines based in Europe prefer payment in local currency over USD. Just remember to pay with a card that doesn’t charge fees for international transactions!
Figuring out the combination of factors that will give you the best price is time-consuming. Thankfully, our travel experts take the burden off your hands. When you book with us, our travel experts use their expertise and insider knowledge to get you a lower fare than you can find on your own!
Business Class Flight Resources
At Business Class Experts, we aim to provide high-quality resources that guide our clients in their quest for the best flight prices. Although we are more than willing to handle this process for you, we don’t want anyone who uses our services to feel left in the dark. Here are some articles to empower you with the knowledge to find good deals and choose the airlines you want to fly.
- Business Class Flight Deals
- Best Business Class Airlines
- British Airways Business Class Deals
- Lufthansa Business Class Deals
- Business Class vs First Class
Business Class Flight Ticket Deals
Business Class City Deals
No matter where you live or need to depart from, we can help you get a good deal! Explore some of the best prices from your destination below!
- Cheap USA Business Class Flights
- Cheap Business Class Flights from Chicago
- Cheap Business Class Flights from NYC
- Cheap Business Class Flights from Boston
- Cheap Business Class Flights from Atlanta
Even within the same city, the airport you select can make a huge difference! It’s important to be open to different airports and airlines if you want to get the best deal.