Start Your Journey to London with Virgin Atlantic
Virgin Atlantic isn’t like its English counterpart British Airways. It’s even less like the other stiff European airline competition, like Air France, KLM, or Lufthansa. Virgin brands itself as a loose, laidback kind of airline focused on relaxation and socialization.
Virgin Atlantic calls London Heathrow (LHR) home but has hubs at London’s Gatwick (LGW) airport and Manchester International Airport (MHT) in the United Kingdom. It also services major airports worldwide, including India, Africa, Asia, and North America.
Aside from being Virgin Atlantic’s home airport, London plays host to a world of fine dining, extensive global enterprises, diverse cultural experiences, and a lifetime of exploration. Plus, with competitive exchange rates, it’s never been a better time to plan a journey to the European powerhouse!
Don’t get stuck flying in a tuna can cabin. Our dedication to premium cabins passes along flight deals you won’t find anywhere else! Give Business Class Experts a call to find affordable first and business-class tickets at fractions of face value.
Flying Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic
Virgin Atlantic is a quirky yet adventurous way to fly to London. The first-class cabin, called Upper Class, offers amenities travelers have come to expect when flying in elevated luxury. The seats are wide, the drinks are cold, and the atmosphere is calming. Check out what you can expect flying in Virgin Atlantic’s Upper Class:
- At the airport – Upper Class passengers arriving at any of Virgin’s hub airports across the world, like Johannesburg, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Lagos, or the United States, receive priority check-in, security lanes, and boarding privileges.
- Lounge at the Clubhouse – Hub airports host Virgin’s Clubhouse lounges filled with amenities from bar service to housekeeping. A partnership with Delta Airlines provides even more lounge options for travelers.
- Bubbling beverages – Personal greetings and a welcome glass of champagne to kick off your journey. Also, enjoy an apéritif before meals, and complimentary drinks are available during the entire flight.
- Sky-high dining quality – Virgin Atlantic provides an à la carte dining experience with high-end meals crafted from quality ingredients. Passengers receive a full three-course meal complete with fine cheeses and aged port wine.
- Hotel-level amenities – Overnight passengers receive PJs, and passengers flying anytime receive sustainable amenities kits filled with toiletries and necessities that make Upper Class feel like a hotel in the sky.
- Arrive and Revive – London Heathrow welcomes Virgin Atlantic Upper Class fliers with the Revivals lounge, an arrival sanctuary with shower facilities, meal options, housekeeping service, and free Wi-Fi.
With amenities at every stage of the flight, passengers arrive in London feeling relaxed and refreshed, despite spending nearly half a day aboard an aircraft. While passengers flying economy or premium economy class will look disheveled after their trip, you’ll be ready to hit the town.
Still using online travel agencies to find the best prices? You’ll only find cramped economy seats and superficial discounts. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your in-flight experience with Business Class Experts. We can discover premium cabin space at deep discounts; we’re only a call or click away!
Choosing the Best Flight on Virgin Atlantic
Now that you know what flying with Virgin Atlantic in Upper Class looks like, it’s time to discover the best flight. Here are some things to keep in mind as you book your flight to maximize your experience.
Booking a Direct Flight
Often the best flight deals involve layovers, but that hardly makes for the best flight experience, especially on long-haul flights lasting half a day or longer. The best flights are direct, non-stop journeys from your departure airport to London. Virgin Atlantic flies non-stop and roundtrip flights from major airports around the United States, such as:
- Atlanta, Georgia (ATL)
- Boston, Massachusetts (BOS)
- Las Vegas, Nevada (LAS)
- Los Angeles, California (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Miami, Florida (MIA)
- Orlando, Florida (MCO)
- New York City, New York (JFK)
- Newark, New Jersey (EWR)
- Seattle, Washington (SEA)
- Washington, D.C. Dulles (IAD)
The number of direct-flight airports and their geographic distribution around the U.S. makes flying Virgin Atlantic to London a no-brainer. These airports are among the largest, which makes it even easier to find affordable rates on airfare.
Checking Your Baggage
Trips to London rarely merit a simple carry-on bag, and for tourists making the United Kingdom their holiday playground, multiple pieces of luggage might be necessary. Booking in Upper Class comes with the best baggage allowances of any cabin tier and includes:
- Two checked bags of no more than 32kg (70lbs)
- Two handbags of no more than 12kg (26lbs) each or 16kg (35lbs) combined
- Flying Club Silver or Gold members get an extra bag up to 23kg (50lbs)
Outside of the extra bag allowed through the Flying Club membership, passengers looking for extra, oversized, or special baggage will need to purchase these services ahead of time. Of course, regardless of which class you fly, you must still adhere to all travel restrictions and regulations for what’s allowed and what’s not.
Selecting Your Seat
After uncovering your route and flight times, it’s time to select your seat. Upper Class seats are available on Airbus A330 and A350 aircraft as well as the Boeing 787. Each aircraft provides 31 seats in the premium cabin, with the in-flight bar or social space located near the rear of the cabin.
Upper Class seats lie flat to at least six feet for passengers to sleep during their flight. Additionally, these seats have USB and power outlets, massive in-flight entertainment screens with hours of content, and enough privacy to forget you’re on an airplane.
The newest version of Virgin’s Upper Class cabin graces the Airbus A350. It extends the privacy even further with retractable screens providing a suite-like experience. These seats also have the largest entertainment screens and “The Loft” social spaces that exceed the luxury of other aircraft.
When selecting your seat, there’s a pretty good chance you’ll enjoy any option. Still, we recommend against seats closest to the social spaces, such as the Loft or the Bar, as noise from gatherings can sneak into your private cocoon of comfort. Instead, opt for something closer to the middle of the cabin and with a window view!
Finding seats at affordable prices in business and first-class cabins has never been easier, thanks to Business Class Experts. When you partner with Business Class Experts, you can find the deepest discounts in the industry, with airfare up to 50% off direct airline prices. Call us today to book your next adventure and save enough for the souvenirs you bring back!
Receive the Best Deals with Business Class Experts
Few destinations garner the attention that London receives, and for good reason. It’s packed with history, culture, great food, great people, and more to do than one lifetime has to offer. Getting there shouldn’t be a pain, and that’s why Virgin Atlantic established one of the most comfortable first-class experiences.
Flying in Virgin Atlantic’s Upper Class provides passengers with an elevated experience in a laid-back environment with Clubhouse lounges before your flight, upgraded onboard amenities, and an arrival lounge at London’s Heathrow airport.
Plus, flying in Virgin’s Upper Class doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Give Business Class Experts a call. We leverage excellent relationships with select airlines to gain access to unpublished airfare in premium cabins. These unpublished airfares are at deep discounts, unmatched elsewhere on the internet. Fill in your trip details, and let us do the hard work!